Indian Journal of Health and Medical Law (IJHML)
Click here for complete Editorial Board
The Indian Journal of Health & Medical Law covers the practice of law encompassing many different disciplines. Health lawyers can represent hospitals, physician groups, health maintenance organizations (HMOs) or individual doctors, among many others. Government health lawyers can investigate fraud, deal with Medicare policy and compliance or oversee public health policy. Many health lawyers are engaged in the business of health care spending significant time in mergers and acquisitions, tax law, employee benefits and risk management issues. The impact of technology on health care has been great with health lawyers helping to guide their clients through intellectual property, biomedicine, and telemedicine issues. Other health lawyers specialize in bioethics and clinical ethics representing universities and research academic centres.
Focus and Scope:
The main focus of this Journal is to throw light on major issues of health and medical encompassing India and the world. Health of citizens is a priority among the governments across the world. To improve the health of the citizens, the governing authorities have passed various Acts and policies which have made great impact on the health status of the countries. So, this Journal invites the legal practitioners, faculty members, academicians and scholars to contribute their viewpoint on issues and Laws concerning Health and medical so as to promote awareness across the communities.
- Food Safety and Standards (Contaminants, Toxins and Residues) Regulations, 2011
- Food Safety and Standards (Prohibition and Restrictions on Sales) Regulations, 2011
- Food Safety and Standards Regulations
- Mental Health Act, 1987
- Consumer Protection Act and Medical Profession
- The Transplantation of Human Organs Act and Rules
- The Pharmacy Act, 1948
- Bio-Medical Waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 1998
- Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940
- The Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, 1954
- Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act and Rules
- Maternity Benefit Act and Rules
- The Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PNDT) Act and Rules
- The Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act and Rules
Readership: Graduate/ Postgraduate students, Research Scholars, Faculties, Industrialists, Independent Professionals, Government institutions
Indexing: The Journal is indexed in Google Scholar
Submission of Paper:
All contributions to the journal are rigorously refereed and are selected on the basis of quality and originality of the work. The journal publishes the most significant new research papers or any other original contribution in the form of reviews and reports on new concepts in all areas pertaining to its focus and scope, thus ensuring its scientific priority and significance.
Manuscripts are invited from academicians, students, research scholars, industrialists, independent professionals and faculties for publication consideration.
Papers are accepted for editorial consideration through email [email protected]/ [email protected]
Subject: Health, Law, Medical
Plagiarism: All the articles will be checked through Plagiarism Software before publication.
Frequency: Two issues per year
Peer Reviewed Policy:
Peer review is the most important part of the scientific publication process. Peer review is basically the process of engaging experts to review the articles submitted for publication in journals, this is done in order to validate the research and to enhance the quality of the articles that are published in the journal.
The peer review process is actually a demarcating line that decides what a research is and what is merely a hypothesis. This process screens the articles for their originality or work, their relevance to the previously published work and does the work meet the required standard so as to be published as a research article. The bottom line to conduct a peer review is to eliminate the possibility that science is just another opinion.
Basic design of a peer review process:
1) The process begins with the submission of article to the journal
2) The first step begins as the editor of the journal checks if the article falls under the focus and scope of the journal. If the article does not fall under the focus and scope of the journal it is rejected with feedback and necessary changes to the author, if the article do fall under the focus and scope of the journal it is forwarded to the next step of review.
3) Here the reviewer checks for the originality, validity, significance, theory , evidence and other parameters based on the guidelines of the editors and yardsticks to measure the quality of the article.
4) Reviewer then make necessary comments and send the paper back to the editorial board, a reviewer may accept the paper as it is, reject or suggest changes in the manuscript, this information is conveyed to the authors
5) Editor of the journal then make final decision to publish the article based on the reviewers comments. And finalize the time frame for publishing the article.
6) Finally the accepted articles appear in the publication.
For further details on the publishing process and guidelines that an author and editor should follow, and to know more about the yardstick of the reviewers we would suggest you to go through the Author and Editors Guidelines.
Readers without a subscription may still purchase individual issues. The following payment options and fees are available.
Purchase Issue: 90.00 (USD)
The payment of this fee will enable you to view, download, and print this issue.
Readers without a subscription may still purchase individual articles. The following payment options and fees are available.
Purchase Article: 30.00 (USD)
The payment of this fee will enable you to view, download, and print this article.
Publication Ethics & Malpractice Statement