Journal of Corporate Governance and International Business Law (JCGIBL)
Click here for complete Editorial Board
The Journal of Corporate Governance & International Business Law is a peer reviewed research Journal. In a broad sense, corporate governance is about how firms should be governed so that they run effectively and efficiently. This Journal takes a broad perspective on corporate governance mechanisms and considers possible synergies between corporate governance and international business (IB) research.
Focus and Scope:
The JCGIBL is focused on the following issues and draws out the main contributions to the Company law. It compares and contrasts the theoretical perspectives concerning corporate governance and IB Law:
- Corporate governance
- International business
- International diversification.
- Business groups
- Entry modes
- Subsidiary mandates
- New international ownership structures
The scope of this Journal is to provide an in-depth study of the Evolution and Development of Corporate Governance and International Business in the following areas:
- Economics of Organization and Information, Theories of the Corporation that have a shaping influence upon Corporate Governance Practices
- Evolution of Corporate Governance
- Ancient and Modern Concept
- Concept of Corporate Governance
- Generation of Value from Performance
- Principles of Corporate Governance
- Beneficiaries of Corporate Governance
- Shareholder Activism and changing role of Institutional Investors
- Business Ethics vis-à-vis Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance in various organizations
- Corporate Social Responsibility and good corporate citizenship
- Impact of Information Technology and Non-stop Media Coverage giving unbridled access to company information and violating privacy rights
- Understanding of the shareholder Vs stakeholder concept of governance
- Need for Legislation of Corporate Governance
- Legislative Provisions of Corporate Governance in Companies Act 1956, Securities (Contracts and Regulations) Act, 1956 (SCRA), Depositories Act 1996, Securities and Exchange Board of India Act 1992, Listing Agreement, Banking Regulation Act, 1949 and Other Corporate Laws
- Legal Provisions relating to Investor Protection
- Legislative Framework of Corporate Governance in the US, UK and other developed countries including Commonwealth Association for Corporate Governance (CACG), Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) etc.
- Listing Requirements: Indian and International perspective
- Management Information System (MIS) and Corporate Disclosure Requirements covering Accounting Standards and Secretarial Standards also.
- Statutory standards and procedures –National and international
- Securities and Exchange Board of India’s (SEBI) Electronic Data Information Filing and Retrieval System (EDIFAR)
Readership: Graduate/ Postgraduate students, Research Scholars, Faculties, Industrialists, Independent Professionals, Government institutions
Indexing: The Journal is indexed in Google Scholar
Submission of Paper:
All contributions to the journal are rigorously refereed and are selected on the basis of quality and originality of the work. The journal publishes the most significant new research papers or any other original contribution in the form of reviews and reports on new concepts in all areas pertaining to its focus and scope, thus ensuring its scientific priority and significance.
Manuscripts are invited from academicians, students, research scholars, industrialists, independent professionals and faculties for publication consideration.
Papers are accepted for editorial consideration through email [email protected]/ [email protected]
Subject: Corporate, Law, Governance, International Business Law
Plagiarism: All the articles will be checked through Plagiarism Software before publication.
Frequency: Two issues per year
Peer Reviewed Policy:
Peer review is the most important part of the scientific publication process. Peer review is basically the process of engaging experts to review the articles submitted for publication in journals, this is done in order to validate the research and to enhance the quality of the articles that are published in the journal.
The peer review process is actually a demarcating line that decides what a research is and what is merely a hypothesis. This process screens the articles for their originality or work, their relevance to the previously published work and does the work meet the required standard so as to be published as a research article. The bottom line to conduct a peer review is to eliminate the possibility that science is just another opinion.
Basic design of a peer review process:
1) The process begins with the submission of article to the journal
2) The first step begins as the editor of the journal checks if the article falls under the focus and scope of the journal. If the article does not fall under the focus and scope of the journal it is rejected with feedback and necessary changes to the author, if the article do fall under the focus and scope of the journal it is forwarded to the next step of review.
3) Here the reviewer checks for the originality, validity, significance, theory , evidence and other parameters based on the guidelines of the editors and yardsticks to measure the quality of the article.
4) Reviewer then make necessary comments and send the paper back to the editorial board, a reviewer may accept the paper as it is, reject or suggest changes in the manuscript, this information is conveyed to the authors
5) Editor of the journal then make final decision to publish the article based on the reviewers comments. And finalize the time frame for publishing the article.
6) Finally the accepted articles appear in the publication.
For further details on the publishing process and guidelines that an author and editor should follow, and to know more about the yardstick of the reviewers we would suggest you to go through the Author and Editors Guidelines.
Readers without a subscription may still purchase individual issues. The following payment options and fees are available.
Purchase Issue: 90.00 (USD)
The payment of this fee will enable you to view, download, and print this issue.
Readers without a subscription may still purchase individual articles. The following payment options and fees are available.
Purchase Article: 30.00 (USD)
The payment of this fee will enable you to view, download, and print this article.
Publication Ethics & Malpractice Statement