Journal of Family and Adoption Law (JFAL)
Dr.M V Lakshmi Devi, Principal, K V Ranga Reddy Law College, AV College Campus, Gaganmahal, Domalguda, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Email id. firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for complete Editorial Board
This Journal concerns the rights and obligations of spouses, children and other domestic relations. City, State, and federal laws can affect families in several ways. Many marriages end in the way of separation or divorce. When a couple decides to dissolve a marriage, one of the spouses will file petition in the court for a divorce. This means that the court can legally end the marriage, divide marital assets between the spouses, grant custody of children to one or both spouses and impose child and spousal support obligations, if applicable.
Focus and Scope:
The Journal of Family & Adoption Law encircles the knowledge of Family laws and judgement. The Journal demands submissions of original, empirical, and theoretical papers as well as case studies and book reviews which cover diverse areas of family and adoption law that are listed as follows:
- Divorce and Separation
- Child Custody
- Child Support, including contribution for the child’s health, dental, optical, orthodontic and other health needs
- Alimony or spousal support
- Division of marital property, including the home and other real estate, retirement accounts, 401Ks, pensions, IRAs, stock options, State retirement, Military retirement
- Parent Relocation
- Contempt cases or cases to enforce prior court orders
- Multi-state disputes regarding children
- Separation Agreements
- Reconciliation Agreements
- Paternity and child-related disputes between unmarried persons
- Department of Social Services cases or investigations
- Name Change
- Grandparent Rights
- Restraining Orders
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Modification of prior Court Orders due to changes in circumstances
- International disputes regarding children
- Pre-nuptial or pre-marital agreements
Readership: Graduate/ Postgraduate students, Research Scholars, Faculties, Industrialists, Independent Professionals, Government institutions
Indexing: The Journal is indexed in Google Scholar
Submission of Paper: All contributions to the journal are rigorously refereed and are selected on the basis of quality and originality of the work. The journal publishes the most significant new research papers or any other original contribution in the form of reviews and reports on new concepts in all areas pertaining to its focus and scope, thus ensuring its scientific priority and significance.
Manuscripts are invited from academicians, students, research scholars, industrialists, independent professionals and faculties for publication consideration.
Papers are accepted for editorial consideration through email email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Family, Law, Adoption Law
Plagiarism: All the articles will be checked through Plagiarism Software before publication.
Frequency: Two issues per year
Peer Reviewed Policy: Peer review is the most important part of the scientific publication process. Peer review is basically the process of engaging experts to review the articles submitted for publication in journals, this is done in order to validate the research and to enhance the quality of the articles that are published in the journal.
The peer review process is actually a demarcating line that decides what a research is and what is merely a hypothesis. This process screens the articles for their originality or work, their relevance to the previously published work and does the work meet the required standard so as to be published as a research article. The bottom line to conduct a peer review is to eliminate the possibility that science is just another opinion.
Basic design of a peer review process:
1) The process begins with the submission of article to the journal
2) The first step begins as the editor of the journal checks if the article falls under the focus and scope of the journal. If the article does not fall under the focus and scope of the journal it is rejected with feedback and necessary changes to the author, if the article do fall under the focus and scope of the journal it is forwarded to the next step of review.
3) Here the reviewer checks for the originality, validity, significance, theory , evidence and other parameters based on the guidelines of the editors and yardsticks to measure the quality of the article.
4) Reviewer then make necessary comments and send the paper back to the editorial board, a reviewer may accept the paper as it is, reject or suggest changes in the manuscript, this information is conveyed to the authors
5) Editor of the journal then make final decision to publish the article based on the reviewers comments. And finalize the time frame for publishing the article.
6) Finally the accepted articles appear in the publication.
For further details on the publishing process and guidelines that an author and editor should follow, and to know more about the yardstick of the reviewers we would suggest you to go through the Author and Editors Guidelines.
Readers without a subscription may still purchase individual issues. The following payment options and fees are available.
Purchase Issue: 90.00 (USD)
The payment of this fee will enable you to view, download, and print this issue.
Readers without a subscription may still purchase individual articles. The following payment options and fees are available.
Purchase Article: 30.00 (USD)
The payment of this fee will enable you to view, download, and print this article.
Publication Ethics & Malpractice Statement