Journal of Law of Torts and Consumer Protection Law (JLTCPL)
Click here for complete Editorial Board
The Law of Torts is primarily concerned with redressal of wrongful civil actions by awarding compensation. In a society where people live together, conflict of interests are bound to occur, and they may from time to time cause damage to one or the other. In addition, with the rapid industrialization, tortious liability has come to be used against manufacturers and industrial units. The Law of Torts had originated from Common Law and by and large this branch of law continues to be uncodified. Tortious liability has been codified only to a very limited extent such as workmen’s compensation, motor vehicle accidents, environmental degradation, consumer protection and the like.
Focus and Scope:
The JLTCPL has wide focus areas on law of Torts and Consumer protection Law. This Journal invites the bright, enlightened minds in the field of law to contribute their multidisciplinary knowledge on both laws and spread awareness regarding the new developments in legal world.
- Origin and Development of Law of Tort
- Defence against Tortious Liability
- Negligence – Liability of common Law and statutory Law
- Nervous Shock
- Remoteness of Damages
- No Fault Liability- Strict and absolute Liability
- Vicarious Liability of State
- Consumer Protection Act
Readership: Graduate/ Postgraduate students, Research Scholars, Faculties, Industrialists, Independent Professionals, Government institutions
Indexing: The Journal is indexed in Google Scholar
Submission of Paper:
All contributions to the journal are rigorously refereed and are selected on the basis of quality and originality of the work. The journal publishes the most significant new research papers or any other original contribution in the form of reviews and reports on new concepts in all areas pertaining to its focus and scope, thus ensuring its scientific priority and significance.
Manuscripts are invited from academicians, students, research scholars, industrialists, independent professionals and faculties for publication consideration.
Papers are accepted for editorial consideration through email [email protected]/ [email protected]
Subject: Torts, Law, Consumer, protection
Plagiarism: All the articles will be checked through Plagiarism Software before publication.
Frequency: Two issues per year
Peer Reviewed Policy:
Peer review is the most important part of the scientific publication process. Peer review is basically the process of engaging experts to review the articles submitted for publication in journals, this is done in order to validate the research and to enhance the quality of the articles that are published in the journal.
The peer review process is actually a demarcating line that decides what a research is and what is merely a hypothesis. This process screens the articles for their originality or work, their relevance to the previously published work and does the work meet the required standard so as to be published as a research article. The bottom line to conduct a peer review is to eliminate the possibility that science is just another opinion.
Basic design of a peer review process:
1) The process begins with the submission of article to the journal
2) The first step begins as the editor of the journal checks if the article falls under the focus and scope of the journal. If the article does not fall under the focus and scope of the journal it is rejected with feedback and necessary changes to the author, if the article do fall under the focus and scope of the journal it is forwarded to the next step of review.
3) Here the reviewer checks for the originality, validity, significance, theory , evidence and other parameters based on the guidelines of the editors and yardsticks to measure the quality of the article.
4) Reviewer then make necessary comments and send the paper back to the editorial board, a reviewer may accept the paper as it is, reject or suggest changes in the manuscript, this information is conveyed to the authors
5) Editor of the journal then make final decision to publish the article based on the reviewers comments. And finalize the time frame for publishing the article.
6) Finally the accepted articles appear in the publication.
For further details on the publishing process and guidelines that an author and editor should follow, and to know more about the yardstick of the reviewers we would suggest you to go through the Author and Editors Guidelines.
Readers without a subscription may still purchase individual issues. The following payment options and fees are available.
Purchase Issue: 90.00 (USD)
The payment of this fee will enable you to view, download, and print this issue.
Readers without a subscription may still purchase individual articles. The following payment options and fees are available.
Purchase Article: 30.00 (USD)
The payment of this fee will enable you to view, download, and print this article.
Publication Ethics & Malpractice Statement